1. Stay low to the ground – It’s hot in the arid west and often there’s little cover. Staying low to the ground keeps things cool while making the most of the sun.
2. Throw your roots down deep – We all need a drink of water and going down deep not only helps you find water, but helps us stay put.
3. Don’t be so rigid – wave in the wind, it’s better than breaking in half.
4. Get a cool nickname – Oregon Sunflower! Hell ya, that’s a great name after a great state.
5. Generosity is cool – Arrowleaf is edible for all types of creatures and humans. Share what you have so other might thrive.